【ZE Holdings Inc.】
ZE Holdings acquires two English language schools in Australia as wholly-owned subsidiaries in order to enable the Z-kai Group to accelerate the expansion and enrichment of its English language educational services
November 1, 2017
ZE Holdings Inc.
ZE Holdings Inc. (below, “ZE Holdings”), a subsidiary of Zoshinkai Publishers Inc., the holding company of the Z-kai Group, is pleased to announce that on 1st November 2017 the company acquired all of the shares of Sydney College of English Pty. Ltd. (Headquarters: Sydney, Australia: below, “SCE”) and Australian College of Business Pty. Ltd. (Headquarters: Sydney, Australia: below, “ACB”).
ZE Holdings, whose corporate philosophy is “Excellence in education for future global leaders” and whose vision is the development of leaders who will be able to contribute to innovation and progress in society, offers a wide range of educational services. Eikoh Group, a sub-group of the Z-kai Group that includes Eikoh Inc., is dedicated to delivering excellence in education needed in our changing society and in the different life stages of individuals, from children to the older generation.
In order to respond to the increasing needs for English language education, in 2010 the Eikoh Group acquired all of the shares of Shane Corporation Ltd., which operates the Shane English School; of Nellie’s Ltd., (below, ”Nellie’s”), an importer and distributor of English Language Teaching materials; and in 2015, International Students Services Co., Ltd., a travel agent which specializes in helping students study abroad. These three companies have had a synergic effect in combination with the existing business of the Eikoh Group.
The two language schools, which have long operated English language schools authorized by the Australian government, have earned a trusted reputation for welcoming international students from about 40 countries worldwide. The Sydney College of English has a fine reputation for its top Australian Private Universities preparation course aimed at middle and high school students, its Cambridge English preparation course which is useful in applying to universities and companies, and its OET (Occupational English Test) preparation course. The Australian College of Business, which has a curriculum focused on business communication, welcomes interns from leading world-renowned companies.
By utilizing the two schools for study-abroad programs, the Z-kai Group will accelerate the expansion and enrichment of its English education services. To maximize the synergic effect on existing business, the following is projected:
- The enrichment of courses aimed at a wide range of students, including individuals from children to adults and educational institutions, by utilizing the school environment, well suited to the teaching of the Four English language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing).
As the Japanese government has decided to incorporate Four English language skills testing by private companies in university entrance examinations from 2020, students are required to study all four skills. The Group will develop and offer programs that will enable Japanese students to effectively acquire English language skills.
- The employment of native English-speaking teachers to cater to the needs of Japanese society.
The Eikoh Group employs native English-speaking teachers with international qualifications including CELTA, CertTESOL, etc. With increased demand for native English-speaking teachers in Japan, the Group will utilizes the relationship with the two schools as a new channel for recruitment of teachers.
- The provision of Nellie’s original ELT (English Language Teaching) materials to both language schools.
About Sydney College of English Pty. Ltd.
- Address : 579 Harris St, Ultimo NSW 2007
- Business : English language school authorized by the Australian government
- Capital : 100,000 AUD
- Established : June, 1987
- Description : Welcoming students ranging from elementary school students (Year 3) to adults, SCE is the oldest English language school in New South Wales and has a reputation for the excellence of its preparation courses - middle & high school, university, Cambridge English examinations, IELTS & OET (Occupational English Test). International students gather from all over the world, mainly Switzerland, Germany, Brazil, Colombia, etc.
About Australian College of Business Pty. Ltd.
- Address : 72 Mary Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Business : English language school authorized by the Australian government, Access Language Centre
- Capital : 100,000 AUD
- Established : June, 1997
- Description : Focusing on communication, ACB offers programs aimed at adults, including many students working on a student visa who attend the evening course. ACB is proud of the reputation of its internship program. Regularly available to receive interns from Japanese major companies. Great access, 3 minutes’ walk from Sydney Central Station.
About ZE Holdings
- Address : 1-9-11, Bunkyo-cho, Mishima-shi, Shizuoka, Japan
- President, Representative Director: Takaaki Fujii
- Capital : 1,000 million yen
- Established : 2015
- Business : ZE Holdings Inc. is a subsidiary of Zoshinkai Publishers Inc., the holding company of the Z-kai Group. ZE Holdings offers educational services through its subsidiary the Eikoh Group, a subgroup of the Z-kai Group. The Eikoh Group, which operates Eikoh Seminar and Shane English Language School, has about 90,000 learners, principally in the Tokyo area. The group strives to also offer educational services to help municipalities, educational institutions and cram schools.
◆ZE Holdings Inc.